– What is Lilypad?
Lilypad Philly is a non-profit organization serving South Philadelphia families and caregivers by providing educational and emotional support through playgroups for young children, workshops, peer connections, online tools, and active list-serve participation. Lilypad is also a community event and class space.
– What does a Lilypad membership include?
Member benefits include:
▪ Multiple playgroups a week (free play in our playspace, usually followed by circle time story or songs)
▪ Discounts for select classes at Lilypad (contact instructor for details)
▪ Affordable rental of Lilypad’s space for your child’s birthday party
▪ Classes are not included as part of your Lilypad membership
– What is a playgroup like at Lilypad?
Arrive anytime during a scheduled playgroup. No pre-registration is required.
During a playgroup, we invite your child to play freely in our space. Through play, children acquire confidence, and also an awareness of limits and boundaries. Please supervise your children, as all playgroup leaders are volunteers.
Our space targets children ages 0-4.
– Where can I leave my stroller during a playgroup?
All strollers must be left outside during playgroup. If you didn’t bring your own, please borrow one of our combination locks to park your stroller outside.
– Can I purchase a gift membership?
Absolutely! Please purchase a membership through our website, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org your name/email and the gift recipients name/email so we can apply the membership to the recipient.
– Are the classes at Lilypad run by the Lilypad organization?
No. Classes are run by individuals who rent Lilypad for classes. If you have questions about a specific class, please reach out to the contact person for that class.
– Can I attend a class at Lilypad if I’m not a Lilypad member?
Absolutely! All classes are open to the public. Registration may be required.
– I would love to run a class at Lilypad! Can I rent the space?
Yes! Please email us at email@example.com for rates and complete details.
– How can I get involved?
Lilypad is a 100% volunteer-run organization, and we are always looking for help! You can become a volunteer with Lilypad in the following ways:
▪ Become a playgroup leader or sub (no skills needed!)
▪ Get involved with planning for CityKids Consignment Sale
▪ Volunteer at CityKids Consignment Sale
▪ Share your marketing or fundraising ideas with us!
▪ Plan or host a Parent Group
▪ Help us out at some of our special events
▪ Donate supplies for the Lilypad playspace (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues, wooden toys, etc)
▪ Donate your time or experience (Landscape help, handyman services, grant writing)
▪ Become a member of the Lilypad Board of Directors
– Where and when can I drop off donations?
We accept donations for the CityKids Consignment Sale all year round. Please bring donations DURING PLAYGROUP HOURS ONLY or by appointment.
– Who runs Lilypad?
o Lilypad is a registered 503(c)3 non-profit, and is run by a Board of Directors.
o Lilypad’s Board as of spring 2021 is comprised of six working volunteers. We meet monthly and are currently focusing on streamlining operations at Lilypad, and securing grants so that we can hire staff and offer more playgroups and family events.
President: Maria Hughes
Vice President: Patrick Griffin
Secretary: Sequoia Medley
Treasurer: Debbie Lewis Lutz
Member-At-Large: Aislinn Molinari
Member-At-Large: Nozomi Sawa