Kids South Of Washington
Parents in South Philly are invited to join our Google Group Listserv Kids South Of Washington, KSOW. KSOW is run by Lilypad. (Membership to KSOW is not the same as membership to Lilypad, South Philly’s playspace.)
To join the Kids South Of Washington Google Group (KSOW):
- Please send an email with subject line KSOW, to KSOW (LAND AT LILYPADPHILLY.ORG) with the following info:
- Your full name
- Names of your kids and ages or due date
- Your full mailing address
- The Email address you wish to use
- How you found out about group & Why interested in joining
- You will receive an invitation within a few weeks, we are all volunteers and usually add people in batches. You must accept the invitation within 7 days, at which point you will be able to read emails or post to KSOW, our 2000+ parent google group.
Membership and Posting Guidelines:
- When you become a new member: Please say hello! Tell us who referred you. Introduce yourself to all of us! If you are interested in planning events, hosting playgroups or coordinating this forum, please let us know.
- Remember to have tolerance for all views: We ask that if you join our list, you stay away from taking positions or engaging in arguments over our list. We are a group who are open to all types of parents, parenting styles and life choices, and this group is solely about creating community for new and young parents of our neighborhoods — not berating or alienating others or making anyone feel bad for their choices. If you violate this request and/or start controversy or use foul language or offend existing members, we will not hesitate to remove you at once or moderate your posts.
- Limit your Personal Advertising: We also ask that if parent-business owners advertise events, specials or activities that will directly benefit their business, they advertise once or twice and not day in and day out. This list does not exist for the sole purposes of advertising, and while we certainly don’t want to censor or discourage members to pass on things of interest, any member who sells names or becomes a very frequent “self” advertiser on this list will be moderated or removed.
- If you have an idea, activity, want to help, want us to change something, need help…Speak up! Let us know!
- No Political Campaign Posts: IRS guidelines prohibit Lilypad from directly or indirectly participating in any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any for elected office.
About Childcare Providers Discussed on KSOW: If anyone has used a childcare provider discussed or advertised on this list, and has information on this provider to share (good or bad), please feel free to speak up – but ask people to write to you privately for the details. ALSO PLEASE DO YOUR OWN BACKGROUND CHECKING – Please remember that we don’t know or endorse this provider or most of the other ones that moms on this list recommend or advertise